Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Beginning of the New Year

After three extra snow days added on to the end of the Christmas break, school began ready or not! Though exhausting, I am glad to be back on a 'regular schedule' (whatever that means). After a decade long break, I have tried downhill skiing again. It is like riding a bike, it all came back in bursts of memories. I couldn't help but laugh in amazement! I had forgotten how much fun downhill skiing was. The sights are breathtaking and the speed is exhilerating!! So far I have spent a day up at 49 degrees north skiing with a friend and having the most fun i have had in who knows when. I laughed so hard i cried....several times! The next mountain was night skiing with the Cwik's (Patrick & Kelly and their three boys and Joey). It was so fun and refreshing to ski and snowboard with the boys. One can learn a lot from the way they approach everything with such true happiness and perseverance. My January has ended with time in Pullman watching Carter compete in his first College track meet where he did long jump and pole vault. While in Pullman I was able to spend time with my cousins (who are practically my sisters) Stefhani and Whitney. I am looking forward to what the year 2009 has to offer, so far so good!

Freezing weather in Cheney results in 'twinkling' branches...or more accurately 'twinking' everything!


With January comes Basketball season. This is the Cheney High School Freshman team. Go Austin(21) and Cody(23)!!


Indoor track season begins. Not for me anymore but for Carter!


Carter Vaulting in 'the bubble' at Pullman's indoor facility.


Carter Flying High. He cleared 14 feet that day. His goal for Indoor is 15.



Carter and I making dinner at his apartment in Spokane.


Whitney, Me, & Stef trying to stay warm in snowy Pullman on January 24th.




No trip to Pullman in complete without a visit with Merle.

No comments:

Post a Comment