Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August Rush



I don't even know where to begin. Chris and I went on a road trip to top all road trips. We have always had a blast together...very low stress/drama and lots of laughter. We put our relationship to the test during this trip (16 days of living out of a car) and I would say we past with flying colors. I loved every moment we got to explore the pacific northwest. We got to see several lightning storms and shooting stars, we climb the largest sand dune in north america, we saw wildlife we have never seen before, spent 3 hours in the largest book store in the west, fished in the ocean, made fire with sticks, played washer board, ate until we felt sick (several times!), Visited a museum about the pioneers and natives, visited a museum about ships and the coast guard, toured movie sights, visited a cheese factory, had a fire on the beach, swam in the ocean, raced go-carts and the list goes on and on. Just thinking about our time together makes me smile and makes my heart rejoice, pure happiness. I have never met anyone who is so genuine and caring, not to mention can be thrown into any situation wearing a huge grin. He is truly the sweetest man I have ever met and he never ceases to amaze me. Thank you God for bringing such a breath of fresh air into my life just when I needed it.

Sixteen days, over 2000 miles and as much fun and laughter it all had to come to an end eventually. We had to face reality and come back to Spokane on August 14th. Chris is working basically non-stop for the rest of August, anxiously awaiting the start of paramedic school, working full time as an EMT with AMR and living as a resident in a fire house. I am jumping into my classroom to prepare for my second year of teaching kindergarten. I am so excited to begin a new adventure with a new group of kiddos. Please God prepare me to best serve the students that will be sitting in my class in just over a week. Watch over these children and prepare them and their parents as they enter the school experience, many for the first time. I lift Chris up to you as he embarks on these new adventures, calm his nerves and open his heart for You to guide.




As we drove back to spokane and the weight of what lies ahead began to settle in our minds, we have come to live by this motto: One day at a time... that is all we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment