Monday, June 14, 2010

Spastic Spring

This spring brought me many challenges I was not prepared for, the largest being TIME. Finding a balance was something I was seeking but could not find. Most of the time I felt I was drowning without a choice and being challenged about every decision I was making. Thankfully God does not give us more than we can handle. I am so thankful for each opportunity that arose and feel stronger because of the challenges. However, through tough times there are always blessings. I am thankful for finishing and passing my year-long professional teaching certification portfolio. I am thankful for the opportunity to coach some amazing high school athletes who reminded me of lifelong friendships built around simple things. I am thankful for the strength He gave me to finish my first year of teaching and the blessings of the students and parents I will always remember. I am thankful for the opportunity to sign a continuing teaching contract for the best school in the district. I am thankful for patience from family. I am incredibly thankful for one man God has brought into my life who is so patient with me and quietly reminds me constantly what life is really about. So as I am now able to catch my breath and look back and reflect here are a few snapshots of my spring.


Me, Chris and Katie after Bloomsday

Camille (Miles in tummy) and Me

Family Photo on Mother's Day

My Baby Brother and Me

My cousin Stefhanie married Kyle Jonas on May 15th

Bride and Sister Whitney

Me and my Baby Brother at the wedding

For some reason I like pictures of cows

Beachside in Seattle somewhere

A yummy German restaurant in Seattle

Me and Chris at the Zoo...so much fun!

mmmm....so handsome!

This Peacock was modeling for everyone...kind of weird.

This squirrel chased Chris, Kevin and I for a while in the zoo...it was really creepy and funny at the same time.

Hiding in a penguin cave...shelter from the rain maybe?

Vantage Horses...the first sunshine we saw in at least 5 days...it was fabulous!

Me at the horses

Chris and I in Seattle for our much needed weekend away

Now with the stress of spring in the past, I look forward to relaxing in the summer. I am hoping to reconnect with friends who have been neglected, catch up on some reading, camp and hike here and there and just plain enjoy summer. Life is too short to not enjoy every moment to it's fullest, especially when God is present! Blessings to all this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment