Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet September


With September came crazy busy-ness. God had a different plan for me this year than I had my heart and mind focused on. One week before school started I was blessed to be hired as a kindergarten teacher at Windsor Elementary in Cheney School District. My Dream. So in one week I set up my very first classroom and prayed all the while for the students that would soon be walking through the door. I continue to look to God to guide me through this process that is overwhelming, exhausting and ultimately what I was called to do. Each morning I wake up, tired, not knowing how I am going to gather the energy to manage and teach these energetic and enthusiastic kiddos, yet the moment they get off the bus, sporting backpacks as big as them, God gives me everything I need. Then at the end of the day I drive home and thank my Heavenly Father for my aching feet and my buzzing brain. I thank Him for this opportunity to teach and learn right along side his precious children. Among the craziness of life I must remember who and what it is all about...slow down and enjoy!

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30


orange, orange everywhere
Love wheat and sunshine!
Sums up summer.
Summer relaxation...hold on to it for as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment